2 years warranty within the EU
Every Citizen watch purchased from an authorized partner comes with the Citizen warranty booklet and the 2-year warranty supplement for the EU member states.
In the event of a defect on a Citizen watch, you will receive a free repair within this 2-year warranty supplement, provided that the watch was purchased in the EU member states.
The 2 year warranty supplement for the EU member states is only valid with the international warranty certificate.
1 Year International Warranty
Citizen grants a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase on every watch with a completed warranty certificate. The watch will be repaired free of charge by the named Citizen service centers in case of defective material or faulty workmanship.
The warranty applies to defective material of the watch or defective workmanship.
The warranty is valid within the respective warranty period from the date of purchase.
The warranty is granted only by Citizen Service Centers and with a fully completed and stamped warranty card.
This warranty does not limit the claims of the end user against his supplier (dealer). The private end user is entitled to the statutory warranty claim against the dealer.
Please note that the warranty repair does not include the following items:
- Damage after the warranty period has expired
- Damage due to incorrect handling, modification or faulty repair.
- Damage caused by fire or other natural disasters.
- Failure to present the warranty card.
- Damage to the watch glass and watch band.
- Battery (in case of a quartz watch).
- Failure to fill out the warranty card correctly.
Please also note the following points:
- Porte, insurance and other costs that may have to be incurred in addition to the normal warranty repair costs are the responsibility of the owner of the watch.
- Watches purchased abroad will also be repaired. However, a longer repair time than normal must be expected.
- We reserve the right to waive any obligation under this (repair) warranty in the event of any tampering with or damage to the watch by any service provider other than those authorized by CITIZEN.
- In the case of quartz watches, the first battery inserted has been in service since manufacture and therefore the life of this battery may be shorter than stated in the instruction manual.
- In the UK, this warranty does not affect any of the applicable statutory rights of a consumer.
Find your Citizen service center here